1. .....a bus stop near my flat.
2. Is this a good time to talk? Sorry, no. I.....dinner.
3. I think cycling is more dangerous.....driving.
4. We.....going to the theatre next Saturday.
5. .....meet for coffee some time soon.
6. Kamal has got a holiday home near.....sea.
7. If you’ve got a headache, you.....go home.
8. .....ever been to New York?
9. I only get about five hours’ sleep a night. That’s not.....
10. Did Amina finish the report? No. She.....it tomorrow.
is going to finish
11. If the weather.....bad tomorrow, we can go to a museum.
12. About a billion cans of Coca-Cola.....drunk around the world everyday.
13. My mum’s not very well. Oh, .....
it doesn’t matter
I do apologise
sorry to hear that
not bad, thanks.
14. Hans isn’t here. He.....to see his grandmother. He’ll be back tomorrow.
15. Would you mind changing my appointment?.....time on Friday is fine.
16. When I was a child, I.....climb the wall and jump into our neighbours’ garden.
17. Have you finished.....the wall yet?
18. Can you help me? I’ve tried.....hotel in the city and can’t find a room.
19. Lena used to find work boring.....she became a nurse.
20. If I.....closer to my office, I could walk to work.
21. Don’t worry if I.....late tonight. I’m going to the gym after work.
22. I’ve got a terrible headache, and it won’t go away. Have you tried.....some aspirin?
23. Boxing is a sport.....requires a lot of speed and fitness.
24. John.....working on this project for a couple of months so he hasn’t made much progress yet.
has only been
had only been
25. I was wondering.....I could ask you some questions.
26. What clothes should I pack for a trip to Boston? Well, it depends.....the time of year that you go.
27. I’ve finished this salad and I’m still hungry. I.....ordered something more filling.
28. Do you ever ask your neighbours to do favours.....you?
29. Some married couples seem to get more.....overtime.
30. Salsa music always.....me of my trip to Cuba.
31. By the age of 18, I.....not to go to university.
32. You may borrow my laptop.....you promise to look after it.
as long as
33. By the end of today’s seminar I will.....to each of you individually.
have been speaking
34. Pia was.....delighted with the birthday present.
35. The factory workers threatened.....on strike if they didn’t get a pay rise.
that they go
to have gone
36. I was about to go to sleep when it.....to me where the missing keys might be.
37. My mother’s Italian, so.....the language has been quite easy for me.
38. ......I had the talent, I still wouldn’t want to be a movie star.
How ever much
39. Pierre tends to put.....dealing with problems, rather than dealing with them immediately.
40. If the taxi hadn’t stopped for us, we.....standing in the rain.
would still be
will still be
41. I’d lived in Australia, so I was used to.....on the left side of the road.
42. I don’t think the colours in Julia’s outfit.....together.
43. Very rarely.....here in July.
does it rain
is it raining
it is raining
44. Gospel music has been a major influence.....other musical styles, especially soul.
45. Maintaining an accurate balance sheet is essential, .....business you’re in.
46. It’s.....likely that this novel will win a literary prize.
47. It’s no.....for me to get Brad’s phone number - I’ll be seeing him tonight.
48. Speed cameras.....shown to reduce accidents.
49. The experiment.....testing people’s responses before and after drinking coffee.
50. The number of turtles on the island.....by 70% over the last decade.
has been declining
has been declined