1. .....a bus stop near my flat.
It’s Here’s There’s
2. Is this a good time to talk? Sorry, no. I.....dinner.
cook am cooking cooking
3. I think cycling is more dangerous.....driving.
as like than
4. We.....going to the theatre next Saturday.
will do are
5. .....meet for coffee some time soon.
Let’s Do you Shall they
6. Kamal has got a holiday home near.....sea.
a the some
7. If you’ve got a headache, you.....go home.
should did had
8. .....ever been to New York?
Have you Are you Did you
9. I only get about five hours’ sleep a night. That’s not.....
enough lot too much
10. Did Amina finish the report? No. She.....it tomorrow.
finishes is going to finish finished
11. If the weather.....bad tomorrow, we can go to a museum.
will be was is would be
12. About a billion cans of Coca-Cola.....drunk around the world everyday.
is are was were
13. My mum’s not very well. Oh, .....
it doesn’t matter I do apologise sorry to hear that not bad, thanks.
14. Hans isn’t here. He.....to see his grandmother. He’ll be back tomorrow.
has gone had been has been had gone
15. Would you mind changing my appointment?.....time on Friday is fine.
Next All the Every Any
16. When I was a child, I.....climb the wall and jump into our neighbours’ garden.
would did have used
17. Have you finished.....the wall yet?
paint to paint painting painted
18. Can you help me? I’ve tried.....hotel in the city and can’t find a room.
many any every all
19. Lena used to find work boring.....she became a nurse.
unless until if since
20. If I.....closer to my office, I could walk to work.
lived would live had lived live
21. Don’t worry if I.....late tonight. I’m going to the gym after work.
am will be would be was
22. I’ve got a terrible headache, and it won’t go away. Have you tried.....some aspirin?
to take take took taking
23. Boxing is a sport.....requires a lot of speed and fitness.
it that what where
24. John.....working on this project for a couple of months so he hasn’t made much progress yet.
is only has only been was only had only been
25. I was wondering.....I could ask you some questions.
what if that how
26. What clothes should I pack for a trip to Boston? Well, it depends.....the time of year that you go.
on with up to
27. I’ve finished this salad and I’m still hungry. I.....ordered something more filling.
mast have would have should have may have
28. Do you ever ask your neighbours to do favours.....you?
for to with about
29. Some married couples seem to get more.....overtime.
alike same like equal
30. Salsa music always.....me of my trip to Cuba.
remembers realises recognises reminds
31. By the age of 18, I.....not to go to university.
had decided decided have decided was deciding
32. You may borrow my laptop.....you promise to look after it.
unless in case as long as although
33. By the end of today’s seminar I will.....to each of you individually.
speak have spoken be speaking have been speaking
34. Pia was.....delighted with the birthday present.
very completely fairly absolutely
35. The factory workers threatened.....on strike if they didn’t get a pay rise.
going to go that they go to have gone
36. I was about to go to sleep when it.....to me where the missing keys might be.
remembered happened appeared occured
37. My mother’s Italian, so.....the language has been quite easy for me.
to learn learn having learned learning
38. ......I had the talent, I still wouldn’t want to be a movie star.
In case Even if Provided that How ever much
39. Pierre tends to put.....dealing with problems, rather than dealing with them immediately.
down off over over
40. If the taxi hadn’t stopped for us, we.....standing in the rain.
were still would still be are still will still be
41. I’d lived in Australia, so I was used to.....on the left side of the road.
driving drive having driven drove
42. I don’t think the colours in Julia’s outfit.....together.
fit suit match go
43. Very rarely.....here in July.
it rains does it rain is it raining it is raining
44. Gospel music has been a major influence.....other musical styles, especially soul.
with to about on
45. Maintaining an accurate balance sheet is essential, .....business you’re in.
however wherever whatever whenever
46. It’s.....likely that this novel will win a literary prize.
totally deeply strongly highly
47. It’s no.....for me to get Brad’s phone number - I’ll be seeing him tonight.
point wonder secret problem
48. Speed cameras.....shown to reduce accidents.
have were being have been are being
49. The experiment.....testing people’s responses before and after drinking coffee.
contained incorporated involved consisted
50. The number of turtles on the island.....by 70% over the last decade.
has declined has been declining has been declined is declining